Whether our staff come to us with multiple years of ministry elsewhere, or straight out of college; we’ve seen families, married couples, and individuals all feel the same call: to come and serve God in China. We’ve come because the gospel message is too important to keep to ourselves. We’ve come because God wanted to grow and stretch us, transforming us into more capable ministers. We’ve come to learn from the Chinese church, and to serve under their leadership.
If you’re feeling a tug in your heart toward China, and you think it might be the beginning of call from God, take a moment to consider who we are, our values and our ministry paradigm. If these seem like they line up with the call forming in your heart, then contact us. We’d love to help you discern your calling.
Minister to University Students
Live and work part-time on campus as an English teacher or Chinese language student. Build relationship with students on your campus and share the Gospel with them.
Outreach to Minorities
Feeling a call to focus on minority ministry? Learn about China’s 56 different ethnic groups as you build friendships with minority students. Reach out to Chinese Muslims and help build bridges with the Chinese church.
Want to use your musical gifts? We partner with one of the largest house church networks in China by helping train its worship leaders. Our music ministry is developing the next generation of worship leaders in the areas of singing, guitar, keyboard, bass and drums.
Teaching and Studying
For the time being, there remains a high demand for native English teachers in China. This job provides us with working visas and enables us to live in the country long-term.
As English teachers we typically teach 12-16 hours of class per week, which facilitates contact with thousands of students. Many students have questions about the nature of the world, the meaning of life, and morality. As we share our faith and lead bible studies, we give students opportunities to encounter and respond to the Living Word. We disciple students who come to faith, connecting them to the local Chinese church movement, with the hope that they will become leaders who evangelize and disciple others.
We place a high value on speaking the language and adopting Chinese culture. We seek to immerse ourselves in the culture as deeply as possible, including living with Chinese families when possible. We feel that this kind of immersion reflects the incarnational ministry of Jesus, who came to us in flesh. As students of the Chinese language our goal is to communicate in the “heart language” of those around us, and present the gospel with its true Chinese face. Attaining this kind of fluency takes a minimum of two years.
New Member Program
Major components of the first year include:
Working with Chinese students
- (A) Either study Chinese on or near a university campus, which will provide you with a study visa and great connecting points with students; or
- (B) Teach English to college students (we will arrange for your employment and help train you), which will provide you with a work visa and give you opportunity to build relationships
- Lead a student bible study or outreach events for seekers or young believers
- Live on campus with your China Partners teammates
- Foster student movements on campus that are supported by the local church
- Participate in regular team meetings for social, spiritual and emotional support
New member training events
- Cross-cultural skills and long-term strategies for cultural adjustment
- Spiritual formation
- Scripture study tools
- Tools for self-understanding and team dynamics
- Development of ministry skills
All of our staff experience the following:
- An intensive first year training experience in a team setting
- A team living and working environment
- Cultural, spiritual and professional supervision
- Bi-annual weeklong training retreats
- Opportunity to commit to long term work
- Opportunity to study the Chinese language while living with a local family
Requirements for all China Partners staff include:
- A bachelor’s degree completed before arrival in China
- An initial time commitment of two years
- At least one year of ministry experience, as a student or after graduation
- Hired members must raise their own financial support
- If hired as a teacher: English teaching experience or credentials such as a 4-week online TESOL course (we can recommend a course to obtain this).
Chinese language ability not required
How to apply
Download our application and reference forms and send them to us at the address specified on the forms or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To enter China in February 2019:
- New applications will be considered until March 31st, 2018
- Please ensure that your application AND your references are submitted by this date in order to be considered
- New members will aim to be fully funded by December 2018, and will enter China in February 2019 at the beginning of the second semester
Photo featured in “Minister to students” parallax can be found at https://www.flickr.com/photos/yu_chung_hsu/13932238601/ / undefined
Photo featured in “Teaching and Studying” parallax can be found at https://www.flickr.com/photos/goldendragon613/253197048/ / undefined