We are a team-oriented, pioneering, inter-denominational, Christian nonprofit organization.
(1) Sharing the gospel with Chinese university students and connecting them with the local Chinese church.
(2) Providing discipleship and music ministry training for Chinese believers.
(3) Reaching out to Chinese ethnic minorities
Form leaders equipped to develop the Chinese church.
Live as a community empowered by the Holy Spirit, seeking to serve the Chinese church by forming leaders through evangelism and discipleship.
What we do
We focus on evangelism to university students by living on campus and sharing the gospel with our students. We disciple believers into the Chinese church because we believe that getting new believers plugged into their local body is the best way we can serve the Chinese church. Our goal is to reach the four corners of Northwest China by 2020, planting new sites on campuses in 5 of the 6 provinces that make up the Chinese Northwest. We learn the Chinese language through study and cultural immersion.
We’ve been blessed by deep relationships of partnership and trust with multiple indigenous Chinese churches. We’ve had the privilege to disciple and train young leaders within Chinese church networks, many of whom have gone on to become translators, pastors, and worship leaders. We’ve helped university students give their lives to Christ, and we ask our staff to actively share their faith.
China Partners Mission Statement:
As a community empowered by the Holy Spirit, China Partners seeks to serve the Chinese church by forming leaders through evangelism and discipleship.
Mission Statement Breakdown
God lives in community with himself as Father, Son, and Spirit. To bear the image of God means we reflect and join in His relationship through community. Living in community helps us to imitate Christ’s example by growing in love, forgiveness, and service on a daily basis . Community provides frequent opportunities for resolving conflict and offering mercy ; it is a place that necessitates the practices of both encouragement and accountability , which strengthens us as iron sharpens iron . We live and minister in teams rather than as individuals, not only for our sake but also for the sake of ministry  as we work in our differing gifts to glorify God together . Others are drawn to us by our love for one another. We seek to model our communities after those practiced in the New Testament .
We believe that the Holy Spirit is present, knowable and active today, living in all believers, both individually and in the church . The Holy Spirit is our assurance that we belong to Christ and is our basis for hope in Christ’s future return . He is active in salvation and sanctification, empowering believers to live Christlike lives and minister effectively . It is through the Holy Spirit that all the gifts described in the New Testament are available; we encourage the expression of any and all such gifts as He gives them . We also believe that the Holy Spirit brings unity among believers of all backgrounds and reconciles divisions among them .
While we share in the work of ministering in China, we non-native Chinese come not to lead the Chinese church but to serve it, following Christ’s injunction to be servants of all . We serve in partnership with each other, with Chinese believers, and with God Himself. We do this in the hope that we might not be a stumbling block , and that we might rather see the Father touch and call the Chinese as a people though their own language, culture, and heart  . We serve through evangelism, discipleship, and all the gifts the Spirit gives us . While we can and do make use of our identities as foreigners to draw people , as they come to know the Lord we encourage them to become an active part of the local Chinese church. In all this we pursue partnership through significant relationships with the Chinese church and its leaders. We value these friendships both for the mutual love of believers and for the guidance they can give us as we seek to serve. In these relationships, we prefer to relate to them in situations where they are the bottom line rather than us.
Jesus’ life was devoted to evangelism—living a life that testifies to the good news of salvation. Throughout his ministry he actively and wisely shared the good news in obedience to his father. As he was leaving earth he called his disciples to do the same. In Acts and the epistles his disciples focused on sharing their faith with others in real and relevant ways. As present day followers of Jesus we are inheritors of this call to tell others about the amazing love of God. We seek to share our lives of hope, love, meaning and purpose in a way that connects people to the Spirit of God already at work within them.
As disciples of Jesus we want to do as he commanded, “make disciples .” Discipleship goes beyond conversion to include teaching , encouragement , exhortation  and accountability . Our goal is reproduction: we make disciples of Christ who will go out and do the same . We encourage them to imitate us as we imitate Christ . We focus our discipleship on young adults because we believe this is a very pivotal period in their lives; furthermore, they are the next generation of leaders with great potential to exert significant influence.
We believe in leadership development. The Chinese church needs trained leaders, so as young adults encounter the gospel, we want to be faithful in helping them to become leaders of character and influence in the church . We encourage and equip young adults to: look to the authority of Scripture; respond in faith and obedience to the work of the Holy Spirit in their lives; maintain the unity of all believers; and discover and develop their gifts and vision to lead. In so doing, we discourage long-term dependence on outside missionaries. We also desire to train and develop ourselves as missionaries on the field and as followers of Christ. We give priority to equipping missionaries to do their job well and providing opportunities, resources and encouragement for spiritual growth and formation.
 John 17:11b, 21-23, 1 John 1:3.
 John 13:34, Eph 4:32, 5:21, Col 3:13, 1 John 3:16.
 Rom 14:19, Phil 4:2-3.
 Rom 1:11-12, Gal 6:1-2, Col 3:16, Heb 3:12-13.
 Prov 27:17
 John 13:35
 Rom 12:4-5
 Acts 2:42-47, 4:32-35 Other related scripture about community: Rom 14:1-15:8, Eph 4:2-3, Phil 2:1-4, 1 Pe 1:22, 2:17, 3:8, 4:8, Rom 12:10, Gal 5:13, 1 John 4:7-21
 Tit 3:5-7, Rom 8:9, 1 Cor 2:12-15, 1 Cor 3:16
 2 Cor 1:21-22, Rom 8:23
 Gal 5:14-16, Gal 5:22-25, Rom 15:19, Eph 3:16
 1 Cor 12:4-11, 1 Cor 14:1
 1 Cor 12:13
 Mark 9:33-35, Mark 10:42-45
 Acts 15:19, 24, 28
 Acts 2:4-11
 Eph 4:11
 Matt 4:19
 Matthew 28:19-20
 1 Tim 6:2b
 1 Th 5:11
 Tit 2:15
 James 5:16
 2 Timothy 2:2
 1 Cor 11:1
 1 Peter 5:2-4
Statement of Faith
1. There is one God,who is infinitely perfect, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. Jesus Christ is the true God and the true man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died upon the cross, the Just for the unjust, as a substitutionary sacrifice, and all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood. He arose from the dead according to the Scriptures. He is now seated at the right hand of the Father on high as our great High Priest. He will come again to establish His kingdom of righteousness and peace.
3. The Holy Spirit is a divine person, sent to indwell, guide, teach, empower believers, and to convict the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment. His presence can be manifested through various gifts as seen in the scriptures.
4. The Old and New Testaments are the uniquely inspired Word of God, the entirely trustworthy revelation of his will for the salvation of humanity, and have authority over Christian faith and practice.
5. Humanity was originally created in the image and likeness of God, but fell through disobedience, incurring thereby both physical and spiritual death. All men and women are born with a sinful nature, are separated from life with God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ.
6. Salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all men and women. Those who repent and believe in Him, by grace through faith, are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life, and become the children of God.
7. The indwelling presence and transforming power of the Holy Spirit is present in all believers. It is the will of God that believers be sanctified wholly, being separated from sin and the world and fully dedicated to His will, thereby receiving power for holy living and effective service.
8. The Church consists of all those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, are redeemed through His blood, and are born again of the Holy Spirit. Christ is the Head of the Body, the Church, which has been commissioned by Him to go into all the world as a witness, preaching the gospel to all nations.
9. There will be a bodily resurrection and judgment, both of the just and of the unjust; for the former, a resurrection unto life and eternal fellowship with God; for the latter, a resurrection unto eternal separation from God.
10. The imminent second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is the believer’s blessed hope. This vital truth serves as an incentive to holy living and faithful service.
China Partners History
China Partners began in 1996 with a team of three people who desired to reach college students with the gospel and change the nation. We went first to a poor, heavily polluted, industrial city with less than 1% of its population professing Christianity. Despite its poverty, this city served as a regional transportation hub, and over time we saw transformational development, brought on by the same forces that changed China’s coastal regions. We witnessed a rapid change in student background and culture, through a time when university enrollment more than doubled in China.
Our early years were full of exciting possibilities, experimentation, encouraging successes, and discouraging mistakes.. Through continued faithfulness and perseverance, the culture of our team developed as we learned to love each other, bringing definition to our group and our work.
We failed in our first attempt to train local Chinese leaders, but we stuck with it. By God’s grace, our second attempt was much more successful, and we were able to plant a church in partnership with a local Chinese teacher.
As our numbers grew, we were able to spread to more cities, and eventually a second province in the Northwest.
With time, our opportunities for partnership with the Chinese church broadened. As our team matured, we were able to further define our vision and ethos. We began to develop a model of staff members coming to China first as language teachers, and then as language students. For the sake of emersion, our staff had to overcome the obstacles of living in Chinese homes. We also began to see a deepening of maturity in the Holy Spirit. Our vision for campus ministry, leadership development, discipleship, and continued partnership with the Chinese church eventually developed into what it is today.
As of 2018, China Partners has 28 members from 4 different countries, ministering on 5 sites in 2 different provinces in Northwest China. We’ve built trust with Chinese church networks for nearly twenty years, resulting in some amazing opportunities for partnership in ministry. Most of us are focused on outreach to the general Chinese population, and some have a specific heart for China’s over 20 million Muslims. Still others have musical talents that they are using for God’s glory in China.
To the Glory of God Since 1996
- More than 100 young people have made decisions to follow Christ
- More than 300 have participated in Bible studies
- Multiple churches have been planted by the young leaders we’ve trained and discipled
- 60 young Christians from a local church network have been discipled and trained in translation and cross-cultural ministry, and 20+ have been trained to lead worship in local churches
- We’ve helped facilitate nearly 40 short-term outreach projects with students from Canada and the United States